My client has an urgent requirement for 2 x experienced R Developers to join a project team on an initial 6 month contract, extensions highly likely.
The successful R Developers will be working on Cashflow Models in R and Spark that is linked to an ongoing design & implementation of a new calculation engine for IFRS17 and reinsurance.
The successful R Developer will have a solid background in programming and quantitative skills within a business environment, poses an analytical mind and be able to see through large sets of data and calculations and arrive at an optimal calculation strategy.
100% Remote contract – from within the EU / UK
6 month contract – extension highly likely
Skills & Experience needed:
- A solid background as a R Developer / Quant Developer / Data Scientist or Data Engineer
- Excellent Analytical, Programming and technical design skills
- A background of statistical programming – R, R-Studio, GitHub
- Advanced R programming skills (Environments, Exceptions, debugging, test)
- Strong experience of Spark – sparklyr, dplyr
- Experience of working with Containers
- A good understanding of Big Data, Python, databricks, VScode – nice to have
- Be able to work as part of a multinational team
- Able to communicate effectively – English language skills essential
PLEASE SEND CV ASAP FOR FURTHER DETAILS
R Developer – Python – Spark – 100% remote from EU or UK